In India there are multiple accounting and billing software/ERPs, which stores the information of invoice in different formats and there is no standard format to store the information of invoice which help to read information generated by one software to another. With this prime objective in mind, GST council in its’ 35th meeting dated 21st June 2019 decided to rollout electronic invoice system in phased manner. E-invoice system will be voluntarily implemented from 1st January 2020 for certain class of taxpayers
Central GST has issued a Notification No. 68/2019 Central Tax dated 13th December 2019 amending CGST Rules, 2017 by inserting the requirement of preparation of e-invoice in a manner as notified by the Government.
Accordingly, Notification No. 70/2019 Central Tax dated 13th December 2019 has been issued to mandate registered person whose aggregate turnover is more than ₹ 100 cores to prepare an e-invoice w.e.f. 1st April 2020 for supplies made to registered person (B2B supplies).
|Timeline for implementation of E-Invoice|
|On Voluntary basis for taxpayers having turnover above Rs 500 Crores.||From 1st January 2020|
|On Voluntary basis for taxpayers having turnover above Rs 100 Crores.||From 1st February 2020|
|Compulsory for taxpayers having turnover above Rs 100 Crores.||From 1st April 2020|
|Change in Business Process|
The e-Invoice adoption would entail changes in the various business process like
- Change in Invoice format
- Change in process of issuing invoices
- Change in internal responsibility matrix
- Change in ERP
- User Management
|Points to be focused by organization|
Any change requires proper planning with respect to,
- Reasons for change,
- Identifying the exact change,
- Implementing the change
- Ensuring proper controls while designing the change
- Testing the processes.
The organization needs to focus on below activities in order to implement the E-invoices.
- Understanding exact legal aspect of the change.
- Review of the existing invoice format vis-à-vis proposed requirements.
- Identifying and understanding of changes required in ERP systems.
- Identifying the changes required in the business processes.
- Identifying the controls to be placed.
- Implementing the changes in processes.
- User Testing and sign off.
- Periodic check post implementation.
|How Bizsolindia can help|
Bizsolindia has expertise with unique blend of in-house legal expertise and in-house IT team which can take care of this change from all aspects be it legal aspect or ERP management aspect.
We can assist you with below services,
- Session briefing proposed changes for issuance of the invoice.
- Mapping the compulsory requirement for generation of IRN on e-Invoice portal.
- Review of the existing ERP system and process of issuance of the invoices.
- Review of reports generated from the system.
- Suggesting changes required in the ERP in order to implement the change.
- Discussion with ERP service providers to address the issues w.r.t implementation of changes.
- Monitoring the progress for timely implementation of change.
- Testing the changes offline as well as online with the e-Invoice portal.
- Preparation of SOP with appropriate controls to ensure smooth process post implementation.
Our dedicated team of professionals would happy to assist you on hassle free implementation e-Invoice in your organization. We are just a phone call (020-40702032 / 34) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) away from you.